Monday, January 25, 2010

Only 3 days left!


When I started this blog 6 months ago, it was simply a design excercise for me. I certainly didn't think an a tablet version of the iphone would be ready so soon, but rumors are spreading that on Jan 27th, Steve Jobs will unveil such a device.



Here are some of the things I hope to see:

  • A camera that can swivel to either face the user and help with video conferencing, or face the back to take large pictures and videos.
  • An interface that has zero buttons, or physical keyboard. I really want to see a true tablet that i can type on, paint on, and sketch on.
  • A simple elegant form factor, with minimal port and plugs. (however i dont want to see a form factor with absolutely no chance to plug in peripheral)
  • I do NOT want to see a large scale version of the iPhone, I think this is very unimaginative.
  • A wireless plug. Tethered to the socket because of the charger cable seems dated now, we receive information wirelessly, why not energy?
  • Gestural commands. I should play 'charades' with my laptop - make a typing motion on the iPad and the keyboard comes up for example. No more F5 or F10.

These are just some of the thing I hope to see. Above is an image from a concept from iLounge. Personally I hope they don't go this path - it seems to be peripheral hell!

Cannot wait, in the meantime expect a concept of my own over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment