Wednesday, August 19, 2009

TouchScreen at the ready!!

Now that I've wrapped up some of the hardware issues I thought the MacProTouch might have, I am going to look at the software issues of the touchscreen.

I had a few thoughts about what a MacProTouch should do, but more specifically who the target user of such a device would be. But then I just thought, well what would I use? (hey, it is my blog after all!).

I imagine myself sitting at a coffee shop in L.A. working on my screenplay. Uploading a draft to my personal site, browsing the web, watching a movie, listening to music. Drawing? well that might be a bit difficult but I do think its possible to convert the MacProTouch into a Wacom tablet.

P.s. I NEVER could get used to Wacom tablets! You're telling me to draw over here but look over there? That makes no sense! I look up to reference what I'm drawing, and look down at my hand to see how I'm drawing it!!

So, the MacProTouch should be like a drawing pad, a typewriter, an internet browser AND an entertainment device that integrates seamlessly into my creative projects. More of these ideas later.

I also have one other requirement of the device, and that it must be able to deal with sunlight. I'm not talking blistering sunlight, but i should be able to write my screenplay, draw a building, watch a movie, outside, comfortably in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment